10th Annual Running of
Twilight Run & Walk set for April 22, 2017
Don't missthe 10th annual running of the Twilight Run & Walk on April 22, 4-6 p.m.! It's our 10th anniversary … it's a community-wide event that, this year, will remember Jane Greenspun, who was the Director of Technology for the Haverford Township School District.
Proceeds from this year's Twilight Run and Walk will fund the Jane McConnell Greenspun Memorial Technology Grant. Jane was a unique presence in Haverford Schools for 23 years. A person with a genuine desire to help everyone, she left an indelible mark on the district, and the foundation's new grant, in her memory, will continue to support our creative and dedicated students for years to come. Mrs. Greenspun died in 2016 of cancer.
Highlights for 2017:
- Commemorative run t-shirt (first 400 to register)
- NEW: Finish-line Fun Zone! featuring face painting, 2 moon bounces, field games, crafts and live music from 4-6 p.m.
- Free food and drink immediately after the race.
- Walkers/runners under age 18 entered into a drawing for 2 Fitbits.
- Party on the Town: the race bib is good for free or reduced-price treats from Havertown businesses during the Party on the Town Saturday evening after the event.
Can't join us? You may also make a donation online through PayPal. Please type "Twilight Run" in the notes section.
4:45 Start of Elementary 1-mile Challenge
5:00 Start of 5K Run
5:15 Start of Walk
The Haverford Township School District Education Foundation is the result of the vision of local community leaders who wished to enhance the school district's curriculum and activities with privately-funded enrichment programs for students in the district. Each year, we present our Twilight 5K Run, Walk & 1-mile Kid Challenge as a community event and fundraiser.
The HTSD Education Foundation also encourages families to honor teachers, staff members, graduating seniors and others who value public education through our Tribute Donations.